Why buy movie scripts?
- Learn writing technique and correct formatting
- Compare different drafts of the same story
- Collect Hollywood memorabilia
- See the impact of production design
- Read on the couch or on the beach
- Interesting gift
- Just plain curiosity!
All prices are in U.S. dollars.
A few long scripts cost more, and are noted in the listings. California residents will have sales tax added for The Man.
Shipping & Handling
Canadian and other International shipping to the right -->
||$2 per movie script
||$5 per order (any number of scripts)
Long scripts cost a little more to ship. Sorry, we do not ship overnight or "rush" orders.
All scripts are photocopies of authentic production drafts onto white 3-hole paper, bound with cardstock covers and 2 brass fasteners ("brads").
Most will be printed double-sided. If you want your scripts single-sided, just request it in the Message box or an email. There is no extra charge for this request.
Ninety-eight percent of our movie scripts are "standard" price ($14.99) and when ordered, the titles should be entered in the first box in the order form. "Long", "Extra Long" and "Very Long" do not refer to different drafts, "better" drafts or single-sided. Unless we have a different price next to the title in our listing, just enter it in the "standard" box in the order form.
Copy quality varies, especially with age, but all are readable. We strive to obtain the most legible versions.
Everything we have is listed -- if you don't see it, we ain't got it. We do add every 1-2 weeks, tho', so check the new scripts page or follow Planet Megamall on Twitter to get a quick note as soon as we add titles.
We do not carry original, autographed, downloadable/pdf, or foreign-language scripts. We do not sell scripts before the movie is released.
Occasionally, a script may be missing a page, but we will usually note it in the listing. It's important to remember that scripts should be considered memorabilia, not exact copies of the movie.
Please realize that all screenplays go through many drafts and may differ from what was released. Even Casablanca was rewritten on the set. We cannot guarantee that a particular scene or dialogue is in our version of the screenplay. We will try to note "early" drafts.
Script copies are for personal or educational use only -- no rights are given or implied. All screenplays are copyright their respective owners.
All sales are final, but we will do whatever we can to make you a satisfied customer.
- TVM means TV Movie (feature-length originally broadcast on television).
- A continuity script is a complete, exact record of each and every shot, its length in seconds and/or frames, etc. It is more of a technical document that includes dialogue and a dry description of the movement on screen, but usually not the writer's original action description, and thus is more difficult to read and not a sample of a regular (submission format) screenplay.
- [Name] draft is the (possibly unproduced) version by the named screenwriter.
- A published designation means we don't carry a three-hole-punched version; we send you to Amazon to get the glue-bound version published by the studio.
That's your problem, Mack - you don't see enough movies. All of life's riddles are answered in the movies.
(Grand Canyon, written by Lawrence Kasdan)
↑ top ↑
US shopping cart
Ship to Canada:
$3 each feature
$6 handling per order
$8 each movie script
$9 handling per order
We cannot be responsible for possible Customs charges.